Position: Referee Coordinator- KLM Soccer Club
Post Date: August, 12, 2019
Application Deadline: August 25, 2019
Start Date: September 1, 2019
The KLM Soccer Club is looking to fill the role of Referee Coordinator. The position is part-time and reports directly to the KLM Director of Programs & Operations. The candidate should enjoy working with people, have excellent organizational and computer skills, have a good understanding of youth sports and be able to work on location and at home when necessary.
For more information, please see the list of duties below.
Please send a cover letter and resume by August 25, 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, candidate should also indicate education background and indicate how your experience relates to the duties below.
The Referee Coordinator has the overall responsibility for recruiting, developing, managing and scheduling all referees assigned by KLM to cover matches and to ensure that those referees are properly certified or trained as required to cover the games for which they are assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Referee Coordinator will:
- Assign referees and linesperson to all home games and rescheduled games
- Ensure that all referees are properly certifiedBe responsible for referee development planning and activities
- Develop and maintain lists of active, certified and non-certified referees, and, update the lists each season
- Act as the central contact for League Referee issues
- Organize a training meeting for travel referees prior to the beginning of each season and as necessary at other times
- Attend a portion of any BCSA certification courses
- Recruit new referees
- Resolve all referee related issues to a timely and effective resolution
- Maintain active social media presence for the club by taking and uploading weekly photos of KLM players before, during and after games and events
Special Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to provide direction to others
- Ability to mediate
- Ability to establish and manage execution of plans
- Ability to use sound judgment
- Ability to manage and lead meetings
Generally 4 hours per week during the season.
- $25 per hour