KLM Scholarships 2020-2021
Every year KLM offers two scholarships to graduating grade 12 players, one female and one male, who are going on to post secondary education. The scholarships are in the amount of $500. Candidates must have played and/or volunteered at KLM, and must show proof that they are attending or have been accepted at an accredited school. Applicants who are still waiting for acceptance letters may still apply for the scholarship and should note this in the application form. The succesful recipients are selected by the KLM Awards Committee who review all the applications.
KLM Scholarship Application Rules
Each year, the KLM Board shall award a $500 scholarship to a successful male and female applicant. The applicant must:
- have played for KLM during the calendar year in which they are applying (for example played in 2020/2021 season to apply in May 2021);
- have demonstrated good citizenship, character and leadership;
- have shown contributions through volunteering for the club or in the community.
- go directly from Grade 12 to a university or post-secondary institute approved by the KLM Board.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of university acceptance.
- Candidates must complete an application in full and provide all required information, documents and letters in order for their application to be considered. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure the application is complete and that all required information, documentation.
- The following must accompany the application:
- a transcript of the applicant’s most recent marks;
- an essay no longer than 250 words outlining why you believe you are a good candidate for a KLM Soccer Association Scholarship.
- a letter of reference (KLM paid staff are not permitted to provide letters of reference for KLM awards)
- The scholarship awards will be provided to the successful applicants at the KLM Awards Day.
Scholarship application form can be downloaded here.
Application must be received by May 25 of the current year and be sent to:
Vancouver Youth Soccer Association Scholarships 2020-2021
The Vancouver Youth Soccer Association (VYSA) offers scholarships for players graduating from secondary schools and moving onto post secondary education.
Four (4) scholarships of $2,000 each shall be awarded by the VYSA to successful applicants who, for three or more years, have played with a team registered in the District of Vancouver and are currently playing, refereeing, coaching, or involved in administrative work in youth soccer under the jurisdiction of the VYSA.
Please read the requirements over carefully and ensure that all required information, documentation and letters are enclosed with the application, as incomplete applications will not be processed.
The Scholarship Selection Committee will not enter into correspondence with an applicant or their agent and the decision of the committee is final.
Please do not worry about it sounding professional; your story is what’s going to separate you from the rest.
The application deadline is Wednesday, June 30th, 2021.
Please email applications and all relevant documents to the attention of:
VYSA Scholarship Selection Committee @ SportingFC@gmail.com
VYSA Scholarship application form can be downloaded here.
Application must be received by June 30th of the current year and be sent to: