Position: Equipment Manager- KLM Soccer Club
Post Date: August, 20, 2019
Application Deadline: September 15, 2019
Start Date: September 20, 2019
The KLM Soccer Club is looking to fill the role of Equipment Manager. The position is part-time and reports directly to the KLM Director of Programs & Operations. The candidate should enjoy working with people, have excellent organizational and computer skills, have a good understanding of youth sports and be able to work on location and at home when necessary. For more information, please see the list of duties below.
Please send a cover letter and resume by September 15, 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, candidate should also indicate education background and indicate how your experience relates to the duties below.
The Equipment Manager is responsible to manage the necessary equipment, apparel and field lining required by KLM to operate its soccer program.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Equipment Manager will:
- Establish the yearly requirement for equipment and uniforms
- Keep an accurate inventory of all equipment owned by KLM (this includes all on field items, field lining equipment, goal replacement supplies, game and practice items. first aid needs, uniforms etc.)
- Plan the collection of all equipment and uniforms at end of each season to facilitate inventory and establish requirements
- Work with the team officials to schedule the distribution and return of equipment
- Take the lead position in physically laying out the various fields at each designated KLM grass field during the season.
- Maintain the tools required for the position (master field layout templates, measuring tapes, paint, string, stakes etc.)
- Ensure that any equipment required for field maintenance and preparation (e.g. painting equipment and supplies) is procured
- Establish a budget for equipment management requirements for each fiscal year
Special Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to provide direction to others
- Ability to negotiate
- Ability to establish and manage execution of plans
- Ability to use sound judgment
Ideal candidate will be a self starter, organized, adheres to deadlines, reliable and can follow instructions.
Generally 1-2 hours per week during the season.
Up to 10 hours a week at the end and beginning of each season
- $25 per hour